Need some help for event.

Remember that, by taking pictures at a camp for children with cancer, you are about to share health information about the children that may be considered private and sensitive by the parents.
Be certain to get affirmative permission.

Remember that, by taking pictures at a camp for children with cancer, you are about to share health information about the children that may be considered private and sensitive by the parents.

You are very correct there!
I have already cleared it with the lady in charge of everything, all the kids involved with this camp are "photogenic" meaning I have the okay for photos of them.
The photo I am taking are for the camp, so will not be able to post them here. :( But when they put them on their website, I will post a link! :)

[Meaning this quite seriously] HOW could taking pictures of these children possibly be construed as sharing "health information"?

[Meaning this quite seriously] HOW could taking pictures of these children possibly be construed as sharing "health information"?

This camp provides medical care for these kids, so involved at this camp falls under the HIPAA law. Just like a nurse or doctor! Since I was "working" for the camp on this, then it gets sticky really fast!
several years ago one of there camps in a different state, a newspaper released photos of kids with their names. And the family of some of these kids fighting cancer, started getting calls from funeral homes, about future funeral arrangements!!!
If you want more info I would be happy to find it for you! :)

I don't know much about what is good light to have, and what is bad. But this seemed really bad!
There were no lights! Just windows around the top, and one wall of glass doors. So all along one wall the background was always really blown out, and the other wall was way dark!
I ended up shooting at 1600ISO with my flash. It was a lot of fun, it was the first time I have ever really used the flash at all!!! :)

Here are some quick pics of the inside of the building.
10-4-2014 165.jpg
10-4-2014 166.jpg
10-4-2014 167.jpg
10-4-2014 168.jpg
10-4-2014 169.jpg

Last edited:
I finished the editing last night, and they aren't to bad! I know any of you could have done way better!!! :)
The diffuser (Tupperware) worked beautifully!

Just wanted to say thank you all so much for the last minute help, it was worth a ton!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Balloon animals!! I want a shark, please.

You should make a few balloon cameras.

And the family of some of these kids fighting cancer, started getting calls from funeral homes, about future funeral arrangements!!!

That is HORRENDOUS! :blueface:

Balloon animals!! I want a shark, please.

You should make a few balloon cameras.

And the family of some of these kids fighting cancer, started getting calls from funeral homes, about future funeral arrangements!!!

That is HORRENDOUS! :blueface:

I but that sells tactic worked real well!

I never thought of making a camera, I may have to try that! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back