Need Some Help with an Idea... BRAIN LOCK!

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been asked to take photos of a couple and their dogs.... For those of you who have seen my photos, I dont like the to the conventional portraits. I like the made up, shots that involve a process, etc... Any ideas for shooting this couple... and their dogs??:er:

Um.... mmmmm.... I see the dilemma. Ok what about leashes.... with bling. Playing catch... If the dogs know how to sit train them to and give a treat when they sit still. Laying infront of the couple is one more shot.... Ok this is hard.

The owners might try really tiring the dogs out prior to the shoot, but not immediately prior... otherwise the dogs will be panting with open mouths. Two hours of hard fetch might go a long way to chilling out the dogs, esp. considering that a photoshoot is unusual to them, and will make them curious.

Do the dogs look a bit like their owners in this case (it often is)?

If so try dressing the dogs and the owners in similar gear - though don't overdress the dogs! Or dress the dogs in human clothes and the people in doggie clothes. This MAY take a bit of convincing...

what kind of dogs? Perhaps you could go for the irony aspect (a killer teacup poodle or a princess bull dog)

2 big muts, adopted from the pound. I was thinking about re-creating a classic movie couple... Maybe have a vintage feel and look. Any think of some classic movie couples?

How about doing a cardboard cutout of the front of a doghouse (maybe the opening could be the top half of a Valentine's heart) with the couple laying on their stomachs and side by side looking out and a dog laying on either side with the dog's heads towards the center?

A little cardboard and a little paint and you should be good to go. :)

maybe a first meeting of some sort. I only met losers pre-hubby when I was out with my dog, but some people swear they help you meet guys

is there a special hobby that the couple is into?
What are their jobs?
Did they grow up someplace cool?

Ooh Ooh....I got one, have the dogs wrap up the owners in their leashes while the owners kiss....you know like in 101 Dalmations ;)

another....have the owners throw the ball towards you. You can take a photo of the dogs running towards you (or the ball) with the owners holding hands in the background (I would focus the owners).

oh, sorry I'm in a creative state of mind :hippie: :lol: but heres another: If the dogs like to play tug of war, get them to tug on the leash while the owners embrace or something....as if the dogs are pulling them to leave. Maybe another of the couple holding hands and each holding a ball in the air so the dogs jump up for it (you could hide a treat under the ball if they wont jump).

Last edited:
How about the couple kissing like in Lady and the Tramp and right under them have the dogs doing the same. Maybe even in B&W or sepia.
In a closeup, it would all fit in a heart frame. (I am sorry, I can't come close to your originality and quality, thats why I love looking at your work.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back