Need some tips on post wedding photo shoot at hard light

or you can always turn them around and always shoot into the sun...

Not sure if anyone has suggested it or not but a good quality CPL (Circular polarizing filter) might be worth a look as well.
Definitely YES. You don´t need to use it on all images, but on some I´d definitely use it. I shoot a lot on beaches, and more often than not I use the polarizer. Depending on the beach and the light, you´d get amazing results with polarizers. Of course the skin suffers, but if you are at a great setting, you should make use of the great polarizer effects. Also in regard to shooting at noon - the images below were shot with one Canon 550EX (probably at full power in manual mode), so yes it struggles getting the shadows lit, but if you get close, it will do a good job. Also - if the beach is bright, it does work great for softening your shadows - almost like snow. Your couple may have a hard time though opening their eyes because it is so bright.
Compare these two images to understand what I´m talking about:
VH2G0391.jpg

A friend of mine does a lot of wedding shootings on the Seychelles - I would have to ask him, but I bet he uses polarizers on several of his images

So if you have all day, use morning, evening, noon, backlight as suggested, frontlight, shadow - whatever. Enjoy the day!!!

Getting the light right is the big thing here, blurring the background can be taken care of in post processing. Reflector screens and the friends to help hold them would be my best guess on how to handle the lighting situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back