Needing some critiques.........Fail shoot

Parody is fair game in the United States. The shirt (I am assuming) is a parody of the Tapout brand.

You would be suprised what people cannot get away with. Which is why you don't see may foakleys around any more. And with UFC and Dana White backing them because they are such big sponsers I would be willing to bet they would put more than enough pressure down with their lawyers to get it to cease. Never said I agreed with it, but I like to think I live in reality where big business makes the world go round.

Take for example, stainless steel mustang bumper letters that cant be produced anymore because ford owns the rights to the font. My first order got canceled because it happened a day after I ordered them. Took me another two weeks to track someone down who would actually sell a set to me.

Take for example, stainless steel mustang bumper letters that cant be produced anymore because ford owns the rights to the font. My first order got canceled because it happened a day after I ordered them. Took me another two weeks to track someone down who would actually sell a set to me.

Much different scenario. Parody laws state:

"A parody exists when one imitates a serious piece of work, such as literature, music or artwork, for a humorous or satirical effect"

So while the "Fapout" logo might be legal, because it's imitates the Tapout logo to be funny, simply using a Font for someone you want does not. If your letters were in a set that spelled out "Found On Road Dead" they might be more apt to be legal.

How do you think magazines like Cracked or MAD get away with blasting McDonalds and other large corporations? Why do you think SNL isn't sued everytime they portray Target or another business within their sketches.

The Fapout thing is totally legal, I could care less who owns the logo. And, personally, I think it's funny!

You would be suprised what people cannot get away with. Which is why you don't see may foakleys around any more. And with UFC and Dana White backing them because they are such big sponsers I would be willing to bet they would put more than enough pressure down with their lawyers to get it to cease. Never said I agreed with it, but I like to think I live in reality where big business makes the world go round.

I just want to point out the difference. Fake Oakleys merely imitate a product. They don't do it for any comedic effect.

Groovy thanks for the edit.....I will compare and contrast. Who knows I might have a pick or 2 more for critiques.

-Josh

Here is a quick and dirty edit of one I thought could work. I darkened the background, cropped it, and edit some skin blemishes and whatnot.

shirteditsf9.jpg

The leg is still in there.. That is part of the problem.. You need more leg or non at all.. Because now you seriously have a shiney black thing that is even harder to distinguish as to what it is. Although we all know it's a boot, a first time viewer might not.

The ****ing boom is in the background in basically all of these!

Hello! People! Pay attention to the obvious!

You need some better looking models to make me want to buy something called "fail." :mrgreen:

#7 seems to have good lighting and the model seems to work better in this shot but the background is just too distracting the car is fine but the garage just doesn't do it for me. Although personally for a brand called fail I might have to go with a Yugo for the car...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back