Needing tip for this shot

hdukphotographs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hduk-photographs.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I Am looking for tips on how to fix the windows in this shot.I feel they are completely blown but i would love to keep this shot.Any tips would be really helpful thank you.

IMG_5982.jpg

Dont know what you are looking for, but thought Id play with it.

IMG_5982.jpg

First I selected and feathered the window, then I adjusted the exposure just a tad, adjusted the gamma, adjusted the levels and then sharpened it.

Ya I would agree with GwagDesigns. Try to combine more then one exposure. It is what's known as an HDR photograph. You take a minimum of 2 (but I like a minimum of 3) different exposures, 1 over exposed, 1 underexposed, and 1 just normal in the middle and then get photoshop or another program to put them together for you and you are set. You get all the detail of the shadows from the overexposed picture but you also don't have the blown out windows. Give it a try and you can always use more then 3 pictures if you want, it gives you a better result too.

could you take the picture really early in the morning or later at night so that it's light out but not so bright?

I'm a total beginner so take it with a grain of salt LOL

When I've shot stained glass windows for weddings, I've exposed for the windows and then used a little fill flash for the foreground.

IMO, the stained glass looks cool w/the revision but it really is put out by the fact that the cross has the same fx.:meh: If the croxx were in it's original form I think you could go w/it.

have a good one
3Eo

Most reactions

Back