Netflix?

i use it and it works pretty well and the movie selection is ginormous. the only thing is that you have to stay on top of it because sometimes i forget that i have the movies rented out and ill have a set of movies for 3 months! :confused:

voodoocat said:
BB also gives you two rentals in the store each month.
I've heard sometimes new releases are popular and might taken longer to arrive.. but I can't confirm.

Unfortunately, the bebop collection at netflix is not currently full. 3 say they are not available right now. Perhaps someone kept them.. maybe someone has them rented.. I'm not sure.

with all this in mind ...I ask you Voods... why did you choose netflix over BB? I'm curious cux you aways seem to have yer ducks in a row. OH and did that home projection system project ever pan out?

mygrain said:
with all this in mind ...I ask you Voods... why did you choose netflix over BB? I'm curious cux you aways seem to have yer ducks in a row. OH and did that home projection system project ever pan out?
Well there is no blockbuster close to my house. So the store rental thing didn't appeal to me. Other than that I don't really know why I went with Netflix. Maybe I'll switch. I'm not very happy that they only have cowboy bebop 1, 4 and 6 available.

Not that you asked, but I'll tell you anyway ;) We went with Blockbuster because they were less expensive for the same service. I don't use the rentals, though having the option there is nice. My parents used the service and they watch a ton of movies monthly and loved it.

AlisonPower said:
Not that you asked, but I'll tell you anyway ;) We went with Blockbuster because they were less expensive for the same service. I don't use the rentals, though having the option there is nice. My parents used the service and they watch a ton of movies monthly and loved it.
Do you get new releases pretty quick?

yeah bb claims to have 23 warehouses they ship online stuff from and plan to have 7 more added by the end of the year. maybe i'll check out bb and fill ya in.

kewl...thanks alison- you always seem to have your duckies in a row too. I think the free instore rentals are aimed at game renters since they haven't added that option yet but anyone can use them for movie or game rentals...err that's at least what i read in the FAQs.

To be honest, we're so behind on seeing movies that I'm not sure! If you've got something specific I can check to see if they have it available or if there is a wait :D

andreag5 said:
i use it and it works pretty well and the movie selection is ginormous. the only thing is that you have to stay on top of it because sometimes i forget that i have the movies rented out and ill have a set of movies for 3 months! :confused:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! :D

AlisonPower said:
To be honest, we're so behind on seeing movies that I'm not sure! If you've got something specific I can check to see if they have it available or if there is a wait :D

how about "a very long engagement"?

mygrain said:
kewl...thanks alison- you always seem to have your duckies in a row too. I think the free instore rentals are aimed at game renters since they haven't added that option yet but anyone can use them for movie or game rentals...err that's at least what i read in the FAQs.

Awww, well thanks :D I think they do the rental thing to get people into the store. I'm sure they've had a decrease in movie rentals instore as well as a decrease in the food items that they sell there for nice, high profit margins :D We had a big discussion about that in my finance class last term.

Upon further research it seems that Netflix smokes blockbuster in turnaround. Netflix ships out your next item the same day it is received. BB apparently takes 1 day to check it in and then ships it the following day.

Well there you have it... They have one in Phoenix which explains why it is so fast. It may be more expensive but I can actually watch more movies due to their quick turn around which evens it out.

Most reactions

Back