never seen one of these before..

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
not sure what it is but its a neat looking bird..
DSC_5908-001.jpg

Apparently one who didn't read the label on his feathers which said "Do not tumble-dry!"

looks like a juvenile House Sparrow, maybe?

it was about the size of a robin or a cardinal from what i remember so i am not sure it was a sparrow., it does look like it came out of the dryer lol..

Looks like a sparrow to me as well, but can't see the patterns from this angle.. Nice shot nonetheless! :)

Interesting shot. I am wondering if it is a leucistic sparrow or a finch of some kind. It would be interesting to see a profile image if you have one.

WesternGuy

unfortunately i saw the bird land, got my camera on him,, i snapped that shot, i think it saw me and it was gone in a split second, i was not able to get any other shots of the bird.

My impression is that it is a female House Sparrow. You should have plenty more opportunities to photograph them if you're on the look out.

I agree with the others, almost certainly a house sparrow, female or immature. Fluffed up like that, it could certainly give the appearance of being fairly good size, like a cardinal. But I bet if a cardinal had been there for comparison, this bird wouldn't have been quite as big.

Kinda looks like this guy - house sparrow (not my photo)

5762232266_f0279caf06_z.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back