New and thought I would post a few macro flower pics

notoriouslightning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shot all of these with an xti using a canon 100mm macro 2.8 Let me know what you think. Thanks for any info..............BTW i am new here, so hi to everyone....

2567967416_bede8a398f.jpg

2566248444_261a399e4b.jpg

2566246278_22954352b8.jpg

2567962682_b521025eef.jpg

2567970040_487d6ac04d.jpg

and 'Hi' right back to you! As for what I think, well, I think I'd like a nice, cold glass of Guinness and a steak sandwhich. Ohhhhhhhh, the pictures, right. Let's get to that shall we?
Overall a very nice set of macro shots, with good exposure and DoF.
1. The Bud in the background is somewhat distracting. I would suggest cropping that out altogether. I think the composition might have been improved slightly by moving a little to your right to look just a bit more 'into' the flower.
2. Very nice; again a shift to your right to get more of the side-on view of the butterfly and the flowers around him in sharp focus would have been nice, but I know when you're shooting any sort of insect/animal, you take what you can get.
3. Nice, just a tad more DoF would have really made this perfect.
4. Nice.
5. Nice, in this case a reflector would have helped to even out the exposure on the lower-right petals, and a cropping to eliminate the distracting elements upper-right.
A bunch of very minor, very nit-picky points, nothing not easily corrected.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

I like them! Especially #2

They're kinda small though. This makes it hard to see any kind of detail. I notice several people doing that here actually. Most do about 800x600 or bigger but there are a few doing 400x300 and etc. That really kills the experience for me personally. My reaction is kind of like: "Awwwe, that looks like it would be a nice photo... too bad I can't see it"

I have good eyes... maybe they just have really small monitors or something? <shrug>

Thanks for the input, I didn't realize the posting size was so large. I will start another post to see if I can post the larger sizes. Peace

Very nice - 3 & 4 are particularly good.

I like them! Especially #2

They're kinda small though. This makes it hard to see any kind of detail. I notice several people doing that here actually. Most do about 800x600 or bigger but there are a few doing 400x300 and etc. That really kills the experience for me personally. My reaction is kind of like: "Awwwe, that looks like it would be a nice photo... too bad I can't see it"

I have good eyes... maybe they just have really small monitors or something? <shrug>

Personally I hate photos so big I have to scroll up and down and sideways just to see what is happening. That's usually with I stick with 500x333 because it will fit pretty much anyone's screen resolution. Plus my photos link to my Flickr so you can always view the bigger version there. :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum. That's a lovely set of pics. The orange colour is very vibrant...love it. And the delicate lavender colour, with the butterfly, is sweet. My fave of the lot is #4.

Personally I hate photos so big I have to scroll up and down and sideways just to see what is happening. That's usually with I stick with 500x333 because it will fit pretty much anyone's screen resolution. Plus my photos link to my Flickr so you can always view the bigger version there. :)

Yeah, hehehe that would fit on anything alright... even a MacClassic with that itty-bitty 7 inch screen. ;) Maybe it's just cuz I'm on dual 26" at 1920x1200 each or something I dunno. I figure that almost everyone who has a camera is at least at 1280x960 - even laptop users. BTW a tip for viewing larger images that don't scale because they're in-line; right click and select Show image in new window. It'll then autoscale. Anyway, either way I guess it's not a big deal it's just that some of the people here take some really nice images and it's extra sweet when I can see some of the detail in them. I'm glad people don't post full 8mp images but 800x600 or there abouts is real nice imo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back