New, but I'm sure you figured that one out.

Adorkable

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm new here to the forums; but like the title says I'm sure you've all ready figured that much out about me. I'm nineteen years old, and I've been digging into photography since around 2004-2005, so when I was about fifteen or sixteen years old. I've always wanted and have intended on joining photography forums, but I just never seemed to get around to it. My first camera was some kind of HP Photosmart; it took decent shots, to say the very most. I obviously had hardly any options, no ISO or anything, just the basic little things but I'd still manage to get myself a good shot for it's value:

Looking_Back_To_Shore_by_DeadXDandelion.jpg

For Christmas of 2006 I finally get my hands on a new camera just in time for an art show that the local television studio I volunteered for allowed me to have, but I never realized how intimidating going from that camera to a fancy little DSLR could be, but even with little knowledge of the tools I realized I still could capture some great quality images:

Graffiti_Life_VII_by_DeadXDandelion.jpg

So I'm now using that said camera still; it's a canon rebel xt.

The problem is, I'm still needing to learn plenty about it. I've tried to read the manuals, but let's face it, that gets a little dull. I'd rather learn hands on and improve myself that way. That's why I'm joining forums (and I intend on going to school for it. =D). I want to become a great photographer, everything about the world of photography intrigues me so much, and inspires me greatly. I've also, since then, began to dig into photoshop and learn to tweak things here and there, or well...sometimes I might go a little too overboard, like here:

Closer_by_DeadXDandelion.png

This was taken yesterday, by the way.

Anyways, I apologize for such a long introduction, I usually just say a quick hello in introductions I make on forums, but I just felt the need to give a little inside to me. I hope you guys will help me improve, and give me plenty of critique during my time on here. <3

Hello, and welcome to TPF! There's something for everyone here...don't be shy about posting pics and asking questions.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back