New Camera meets Big Apple....C&C plzzz!

I have yet to get any ND filters after I was told one was $50 at the camera store.
I will get them eventually, but I at least want to be able to experiment and see what they can do, or not do, for that matter. I wonder though. The ND filter will allow longer shutter speeds, but aren't we still dealing with a wide range of light and dark that we just don't have the range for anyway?

I think the neutral density filters can reach up to 4-stops but I remember reading in Understanding Exposure that all you really need is a 3-stop filter and he was using his filter for real stark contrasts. If you own the book...he talks about it towards end, if you do not own the book I recommend picking it up!!

Ah, ok.
I do own the book, and am about to start on the lighting chapter.

Man, you were in NYC and that's all you got!?

No, there were a lot lot more, I just didn't want to put them all up. Also was showing my French friend around the city and could only get to a few spots which was unfortunate. However, I like 40 minutes from the city so it's easily accessible :)

Nah... what I meant was - there are so many more interesting things in NYC than what you took pictures of. I hope you got some of that. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back