New England Ice Storm Beauty and Devastation

The worst part of the whole ordeal and spending a night in a Red Cross shelter was lost time looking through this site for the pic you told me about!!
:lmao:

Haha You are seriously still looking for those! :lmao: Wow, you just don't know who to ask or what to look for.. hahahaha..

WoW!! That's a new kind of cold! I don't know if my car would even start in weather like that without a block heater..

I have to plug both of my diesel trucks in at night. And even with my husbands truck plugged in I had to spray ether into the air filter just to get it started! We only got down to 9F last night.

That's crazy. We are currently having temps of -26C (-15F) with wind chills of -36C (-33F)....and I'd gladly endure the cold rather than deal with ice storms.
Holy crap! It occassionally gets down to -15F here but not often. I feel for you bud!

I thought I'd share some more pictures that I took yesterday and today showing just how damaging that storm was:

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

Last edited:
wow wayy to many pictures, i would pick your favorites for a post though, seems like the focusing in the close ups of the fense wasnt working. some storm though!

wow...familiar looking!...lol...we JUST got power back lastnight...hope you guys are doing ok and got your power back too!
it was a rough few days for sure....we're in hudson, NH.

we definitely realized all the stuff we take for granted. we came home lastnight to check on the cats and the pipes, and the power was on...first words out of our 6yo's mouth..."the power is back! can i play lego starwars?" lol...kid has a one track mind.

wow...familiar looking!...lol...we JUST got power back lastnight...hope you guys are doing ok and got your power back too!
it was a rough few days for sure....we're in hudson, NH.

we definitely realized all the stuff we take for granted. we came home lastnight to check on the cats and the pipes, and the power was on...first words out of our 6yo's mouth..."the power is back! can i play lego starwars?" lol...kid has a one track mind.

Thanks for the well-wishes.. We got our power back Saturday. We were one of the lucky ones who live near the center of town-the business district, so our power was a priority. The one night we did spend in the shelter humbled us, for sure. My wife has been baking brownies and cookies and stuff for me to take to the people still in the shelter just so they can have a taste of home and know that they're being thought of. We have family in Hudson, and they came down to stay with other family here in MA when their power went out.. I wish I hadn't lost 6 fish, but at least I thought to drain the pipes so that we didn't have that nightmare to deal with.

The high is 74 here in Charleston SC today.... we are expecting 80 later this week... and it's currently 66 @ 10:45 the only ice here is in our tea lol

The high is 74 here in Charleston SC today.... we are expecting 80 later this week... and it's currently 66 @ 10:45 the only ice here is in our tea lol

The ice storm sucked, but I'd be miserable without 4 seasons to celebrate...

Yeah I do wish it got a little colder here, we'll probably have 2-6 solid weeks (sporadically through the year) of actually cold weather (to me) where the high doesn't get out of the low 40's...

Wow, I live just outside Boston and if you hadn't posted these photos, I never would have known this even happened.

I don't know, I could get used to not having to deal with sub zero temperatures.

I don't know-I kinda like it when girls get cold....;)

I like Winter.. I like Fall, I like Spring and I like Summer-not as much as the other three, because I hate being hot, but it's nice to change things up just when you get use to them.. It keeps you from getting complacent..

I don't, however, like ice storms that force my ass into a shelter where I get to sleep on the floor with bright gymnasium lights shining in my eyes all night long....

Rarely get any solids falling from the sky nor freezing occuring down here in Georgia, but tis very scary!

We had one of those back in '98 I think it was. Nasty. Makes for some gorgeous shots though - which reminds me, have to transfer those from slide one of these days! :)

Most reactions

Back