New here and discouraged about photography

Marcopolo9442

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have been doing digital photography for a little over 2 1/2 years now. My first DSLR camera was a D50 and I more recently go a D300 at the beginning of this year. I have a passion for landscape and nature photography even though apparently I am not very good at it yet in spite of over 2 years practicing and reading articles and practicing to get better.
Anyway I hope to learn more and perhaps get some constructive criticism on how to improve.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Marcopolo, and I hope you will find what you're looking for here. From what I have seen so far, your photography may be different from what your friend thinks is the alpha and omega of photography, but it is not as bad as he says it is!

From what I have seen so far, your photography may be different from what your friend thinks is the alpha and omega of photography
That would be Ansel Adams and Galen Rowell, and some French photographers I have never heard of. Actually after showing him some of Galen Rowell's stuff, he thinks Galen Rowell is a lot better than I am (but he was still a bit critical of even him), he actually prefers black and white photography.

Hello and Welcome to the forum. Hang in there, there are many talented folks here that can give great advice.

welcome :)

don'T despair, I am sure you can ask you through to some improvement on this forum :D

Welcome to the forum! If you post some pics and ask for constructive criticism, I'm sure members will oblige.

^^what she says!^^

Welcome aboard.

Photography is an art and therefore subject to interpretation by individual viewers. What someone thinks is a good photo may be disliked by someone else, and that's perfectly OK. It's not science.

I've only belonged to this forum a short while, but have found a lot of useful information here. Welcome aboard.

I think you will find what you're looking for here. Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back