New here and practically clueless!

DwainDibley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! My name's Sam, and after selling a load of mobile phones I've fixed but not gotten round to getting rid of again, have invested in a secondhand Canon 300D/Digital Rebel, which should arrive tomorrow! :D I'm hoping it'll get me out and about more, and stop buying phones off Ebay... though I'll probably end up swapping that for photographic equipment!

I've been dabbling in photography probably since a kid with a cheap second hand Pentax film SLR (Which I still have!) but just haven't gotten into it. I think I've gotten to a stage in my life where I would like to get seriously into photography, and learn how to take great pictures, not just 'snaps'. I looked at the pictures I'd taken from the holiday I'd just returned from, and they look pretty average at best, despite my attempts to compose them a bit differently!

I've tended to be 'lazy' with taking pictures, preferring to use a point and shoot camera (usually on 'auto'!) but want to learn more about taking more control of what I'm shooting, different techniques etc., and learn how to use that 300D to it's full potential, and try to stay off that 'full auto' setting :greenpbl: So be prepared for plenty of silly questions! :lol:

No, don't worry that isn't my real name (or teeth!), it's a character out of Red Dwarf, a British sci-fi comedy, a classic! :D

Glad to have you aboard.

Most reactions

Back