New here...try number 2 at first post!

Forevergreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As you can see this is my first (now 2nd due to a stuff up on my part!) post, I recently got myself a Nikon D80 and hope to eventually be able to take decent pictures.

I noticed after a few people posted pictures, other posters have commented on the settings it was shot with, however the settings were never posted? is there a way to see the photo 'settings/properties' or posted pictures? if so how do I do this?

Hope this is not a totally dumb question :blushing: like I said I am totally new here.

Thanks!

Right click, image properties. It lets you view the exif data. It's camera settings, dates, all that jazz that are written into the image file. Only certain file types/settings have this data. I'm honestly not sure which.

Thanks, I thought that must be how it worked (right click, properties) but every time I've tried that it only comes up with the location, width, height, size of file, and 'alternate text', each time alternate text just says blank, also tried going to the location and still nothing? I must be missing something...

What you need is a plug-in for your browser that will let you see the data. I know there are a couple out there for firefox, I'm not sure about other browsers.

I use the newer version of opera, it has a few compatability issues but it has the plugin pre installed. I know a few websites that have a link to view the data of each image posted. I woner if there would be a way to impliment that idea into these forums. It would be a nice touch in my opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back