new here

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by -Hayes, Oct 9, 2007.

1. -Hayes

-Hayes TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thought I would start off by posting some of my work. I am new to photography, photoshop and all things pictures. All I know is that I like taking them and do my best to edit them. Please, comments and criticism are welcome...just be gentle!:mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ernie

ernie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    watch your horizons, they're practically all slanted. some good pictures in there though, but i think you could make them better post-processing them. levels, curves, that stuff.
    like that last one a lot btw.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That last one is funny!
    My dad bought a car like that back in 1964 - was our family car for years after that!
    Welcome to ThePhotoForum, by the way, _hayes, and yes, Ernie is right here: do watch your horizons, mostly so when water is involved, all your photos look like they will soon leak out and the water will be gone.

The first shows that you can learn a bit more about your Photoshop, but I still remember my first steps into it, and I didn't find any of it easy. You will get used to it, though. The first is still quite "pale" and there is more to it than meets the eye just now. That one has all the potential it needs to really "pop"!

Useful hint: do number your photos when you post more than three in one thread! Makes commenting much easier when the viewers need not go back up and count and recount and count again, see? ;)

But I think it is No 4 (the road) which I find quite a bit boring. Too much concrete. The chosen POV (point of view) is certainly different, and "different" is usually quite good, but to my mind it does not work here.

The seals are ... MANY! Whoa! So many!

4. Hayes

Hayes TPF Noob!

I have tried to find places to learn about photoshop(post processing) and have come up with nothing. Any ideas?

5. Hayes

Hayes TPF Noob!

Aparently, I already had an account I did not remeber, sorry...I'll be using this one.