New lens, new photos...

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got my VR 55-200mm in and took some pics:

2411690271_5810640ab6.jpg

Through the windshield, one handed, while driving. Kids do NOT try this at home.

2411690313_fd8d1ebcb9.jpg

These were with my 50mm, not a new lens for me

2411690357_dfac27364c.jpg

2411690443_31f0cc0ba0.jpg

1 and 4 are my faves. I love the colors in the first shot! Just wish his paw wasn't cut off. And I like the expression you got on the guys face in the last one. I think in #3 if your DOF had included the ball he's about to hit as well that it might have been more appealing.

Great shots though - the driving one is impressive - so sharp! That's not Tampa is it?

1 and 4 are my faves. I love the colors in the first shot! Just wish his paw wasn't cut off. And I like the expression you got on the guys face in the last one. I think in #3 if your DOF had included the ball he's about to hit as well that it might have been more appealing.

Great shots though - the driving one is impressive - so sharp! That's not Tampa is it?

Hey thanks for the compliments.

Yes that IS Tampa, going over the Howard Frankland bridge towards Westshore Mall to be exact.

Cool! I wish I still lived there. We'd have to organize a Tampa meet-up.

This 55-200 vr is really good lens isn't it, it produced sharp pictures. 3 and 4 are reddish or yellowish, I have one so I know. Btw, among all I like 1 most, sharp and colourful.

3 and 4 are taken with the 50mm, and the color might be a tinge off, but during the shooting I had changed the white balance to flourescent and it made them too blue. I think the warmer colors add something!

And yes I love the 55-200. I went a whole day loving how sharp it was, and then realized I had never EVEN TURNED VR ON! Now it's sharp as a tack.

Spiffy hit it on the head with the DoF. It would be much more impactful to have had the cue ball in focus.

Congrats on the lens.

Spiffy hit it on the head with the DoF. It would be much more impactful to have had the cue ball in focus.

Congrats on the lens.
do you use avatars to tell people apart? because that's ashley speaking, not me :lmao:

do you use avatars to tell people apart? because that's ashley speaking, not me :lmao:

LOL, I think it's the avatars you two have...I noticed you both have some "heartthrobs" for avatars now...(don't get me wrong...heartthrob is just the word that pops in my head when I see both of your avatars...it reminds me of the 6th grade pictures of boys that the girls had) I think yours is Colin Farrell? But I have no idea who Ajay's is. He must have gotten confused.

As for the photos, I agree with Ajay about the DOF on 3, and also with the cat, I wish the paws weren't cut off.

LOL, I think it's the avatars you two have...I noticed you both have some "heartthrobs" for avatars now...(don't get me wrong...heartthrob is just the word that pops in my head when I see both of your avatars...it reminds me of the 6th grade pictures of boys that the girls had) I think yours is Colin Farrell? But I have no idea who Ajay's is. He must have gotten confused.

As for the photos, I agree with Ajay about the DOF on 3, and also with the cat, I wish the paws weren't cut off.
we were just playing along for irish avatar week. we chose irish men..turns out they both look good when wearing minimal clothing ;)
/hijack

Ooops. I'll be glad when Irish avatar week is over. You two look like twin sons from different mothers right now. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back