new lens

sedonaaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a chance to buy a used 300 f4 L is lens. They are asking 1000.00 is this a good deal in you opinion? The lens is in great shape no dust or dents. What do you think?

Since I don't think nikon signifies any of their lenses with an L or IS, I'm going with canon. A quick search on some photography forums shows the first two results going for $995 shipped and $900 shipped. Considering the lens is only $1250 new it doesn't seem like a great deal unless there is something extra with it like a transferrable extended warranty or filters.

If you were already looking for one and want to save a few dollars it may not be a bad deal, but if you are flexible on what you want it doesn't seem like a deal so good that you should jump on it (unless you ONLY buy locally and won't buy used online).

Since I don't think nikon signifies any of their lenses with an L or IS

Its called VR and all Nikon lens are effectively L lens.

why are all Nikon lens effectively L Lens? lol

why are all Nikon lens effectively L Lens? lol

Because Nikon glass is great and most of them come with hoods :) lol

Anyway, are you just buying canon because their lenses say "L" and "IS"??? I'm confuses. :confused:

And I think $1000 is way to much for a used 300 f4. I've seen Nikon 300 f4's go anywere from $650-800.

Since I don't think nikon signifies any of their lenses with an L or IS, I'm going with canon. A quick search on some photography forums shows the first two results going for $995 shipped and $900 shipped. Considering the lens is only $1250 new it doesn't seem like a great deal unless there is something extra with it like a transferrable extended warranty or filters.

If you were already looking for one and want to save a few dollars it may not be a bad deal, but if you are flexible on what you want it doesn't seem like a deal so good that you should jump on it (unless you ONLY buy locally and won't buy used online).

Here is the deal I have a 50d (CANON) and I am looking for a lens that is for sports and wildlife. What would be a good lens in the $1000 range?

Most reactions

Back