New lenses for Nikon 1j5

chiaracris84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I was given as a gift the Nikon 1 j5.

I dropped the camera on the floor yesterday by accident. Now the LCD screen says there is an error with the lenses. I guess I need to purchase a new pair.

The camera had the Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom and I can see also they're pretty expensive (like 250EUR).

I am an absolute beginner so I would appreciate any advice or if you know some online shop delivering in EU where I could buy them online for a good price!

Thanks a lot
Chiara

Hi everyone,
I was given as a gift the Nikon 1 j5.

I dropped the camera on the floor yesterday by accident. Now the LCD screen says there is an error with the lenses. I guess I need to purchase a new pair.

The camera had the Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom and I can see also they're pretty expensive (like 250EUR).

I am an absolute beginner so I would appreciate any advice or if you know some online shop delivering in EU where I could buy them online for a good price!

Thanks a lot
Chiara

Are you getting an error with both lenses? Or just one? If your getting the error with both then it sounds like the camera itself might have an issue, which is very possible since it was dropped.

Do you have a local camera shop that has the camera in stock? If so might be worth a trip to the store and see if they'll let you test your lenses on a different body. If they both work ok on another Nikon 1 then odds are good the problem is damage to the body rather than the lens.

It says 'Lens error'. So it may be for the camera itself indeed as you suggested.

I've just hit the road for some long-term travels so I will ask to the first shop with a helpful person I will find on my way. Trying the lenses to another camera is a very useful hint! ^.^ Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am so sorry my journey has just started and the camera got this unfortunate accident. I guess I need to be more careful as I am not used to it and totally new to photography!

No worries. Hopefully you can get it repaired. I shoot a larger DSLR but I've found a good strap is worth it's weight in gold. Throw that around your shoulder or neck and you never have to worry about dropping the camera.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back