New Member looking for C&C

D.MoralesPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I just joined up on the forums, and I've just recently (since January) been really getting into photography. At the moment I'm just doing some landscape type stuff, so that's what I'd like to post for some C&C.

Anything would be helpful, but try not to bash me too much!

_MG_4546.jpg

_MG_4489.jpg

_MG_4476.jpg

_MG_4462.jpg

_MG_4460.jpg

1. i like how the tree frames the word, "journalism", but the tree is dominating the photo and it shouldn't
2. the lady bug is out of focus, and it is dead center which doesn't work here
3. boring
5. this is the best one. the only thing is that the focal point blends with the bg too much

1. The wall/corner of the building isn't vertical...
2. The lady bug is a bit OOF and might look better if it were a bit larger... Tighter crop?
3. Doesn't do anything for me...
4. Doesn't do anything for me...
5. How close were you? maybe a bit more DoF?

Just my opinions... I am NOT a pro... by far. :)

1. The wall/corner of the building isn't vertical...
2. The lady bug is a bit OOF and might look better if it were a bit larger... Tighter crop?
3. Doesn't do anything for me...
4. Doesn't do anything for me...
5. How close were you? maybe a bit more DoF?

Just my opinions... I am NOT a pro... by far. :)

1. Ya, I think I may have been a tiny bit crooked on that one. I see it more clearly by viewing the distance from the left side of the image to the wall at the bottom vs the top. Crop and rotate and done? rusty9 said the leaves were too much in the forefront of the image...no way to fix that at this point is there?
2. I could certainly crop this one more, but I was afraid of losing too much of the green...but I suppose it's colorful enough without the green? As for it being OOF...I guess my eyes are just off? I thought it was really well focused when I shot it...honestly it seems I have a bit of a problem with some things (mostly smaller things) looking really well focused when I shoot them but then not looking even close after the fact...any tips?
3 & 4. I guess I just liked them :lol: Good thing I'm not calling myself a Pro at this point lol
5. I was ~5 feet away or so...couldn't get too close because there was a steep drop off between me and the tree. And just to make myself seem a total moron...increasing DOF would be a higher F-stop? :confused: Sorry if that's too newbish!

Thanks for the replies.

5. I was ~5 feet away or so...couldn't get too close because there was a steep drop off between me and the tree. And just to make myself seem a total moron...increasing DOF would be a higher F-stop? :confused: Sorry if that's too newbish!.

Ummm... what I would have done "I think" is to back up a bit (more distance between you and the subject)... Using the largest aperture available to you (smallest number... ie f4 is a larger aperture that f12) to give you more depth of field...

I could be wrong. I still have a lot to learn as well. :)

I have trouble with focus as well... Practice more I guess eh? lol

So, would adding a "soft" blur to everything except the center flower make this image "noticeably" better? I suppose now this is getting into PP, but I'd still like tips/pointers/C/C on the actual photo taking process!

So, would adding a "soft" blur to everything except the center flower make this image "noticeably" better? I suppose now this is getting into PP, but I'd still like tips/pointers/C/C on the actual photo taking process!

Maybe... Maybe not. :lol:

Give it a shot and see what it looks like. Or just re-take the photo and try different settings/distances/angles until you find what you like. :)

I personally think that getting it the way you want it out of the camera is better than PP... Some things can't be achieved in PP.

:D Gotcha. Thanks for the input!

Anyone else? Fresh meat for the pounding... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back