Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm surprised there's no thread about this yet (unless I'm blind and missed it somewhere). Nikon today debuted two new DSLRs: the entry-level D50 and the new D70s. Both seem to be 6.1 megapixels. The D50 is supposed to be small and light and feature a new mode for photographing children (strange :meh: ). Not sure yet what's new with the D70s. Here are the official press releases:
D50
D70s

And here's a page that kind of sums the stuff up (but I haven't read it all the way through yet):
http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/04/20/new.nikon.digital.slr/

Just going to move this over to the General Photo forum.
If you'd all just step to one side for a moment... Ahh, thank you.

And for us existing D70 users there's going to be a nice firmware upgrade that improves AF performance :)

Unimaxium said:
and feature a new mode for photographing children (strange :meh:

Can we call that the "Micheal Jackson Mode" then?!

Sorry couldn't resist :p

i was going to make a thread about this the other day, as i had heard rumors about these new cameras. Now i'm wondering if i should save up to buy a D70, a D50, a D70s, or a 300D or 350 xt .... hmmmm

damn... now I have a huuuuge problem the same as John3eblover... hey, but I haven't spotted any difference between d70 and d50... hmm only in weight? can somebody wise explain it to me?

No LCD light on D50
No DOF preview button
Some difference in focusing method..slightly less manual choice with AF-C and AF-S on D50
slightly larger LCD on D50 but no cover.
Only 1/4000 max shutter speed on D50 as opposed to 1/8000 on D70
D50 takes SD cards as opposed to CF cards
2.5 FPS on D50. 3FPS on D70

ohh thanks Ant... I'm waiting to see it in shop and compare the prices here in Poland

I have to admit that if the D50 had been out when I was making my DSLR purchasing decision I probably would have got it instead of the D70. The stuff they've taken off I don't usually use anyway.

same here... I have a chance to play for a few days with d70 and I even didn't know where are some settings because I didn't need them

The Canon 350XT looks very good too if you're not too fussed about which brand you're buying into.

actually I prefer Nikon :) and there's also a cash problem here :) nikon d50 seems to be cheaper than canon 350xt :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back