new photos c&c welcome

Ihasacamera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the mountains :) Looking to improve. Thanks a lot for all your comments.

1:

3984741105_dc62e72375_o.jpg

2:

3985499268_1652ae6e83_o.jpg

3:

3985499178_98fa3306ab_o.jpg

4:

3985499020_fc09fa6fdb_o.jpg

#1. Ok image. Could use a tad more DoF. Looks like something you'd see in an LL Bean catalog.

2. Again, needs a little more DoF. Not real interesting. Doesn't do anything for me.

3 Is that motion blur? Would be better as a straight silhouette. I like the colors and the basic composition.

4. Best of the bunch. Nice use of backlighting and the aura around her body is great. Nice simple composition. Defiantly the winner in my eyes.

Looks like something you'd see in an LL Bean catalog.

L.L. Bean is branching out to cheesecake?

Haha. Brie with Raspberry and pear chutney actually :lmao:

#3 is motion blur...Have no clue how to not blur the wind blowing a tree at night :) any suggestions would be great.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

can't tell if first one is out of focus or just noisy, but it's prob underexposed...

2nd one... need to get greater DOF... the part in focus is so small and it's just the edge of the cluster... assuming that that isn't the only part you wanted us to focus on... i'm assuming you took that w/ a 50/1.8 cuz of the pentagon bokeh lol

3rd one if you don't want motion blur use a faster shutter speed... shouldn't be a problem w/ a sunset silhouette photo

4th one is quite nice... the sun is freaking huge... and the back(front) lighting puts a nice ring around her...

#3 is motion blur...Have no clue how to not blur the wind blowing a tree at night :) any suggestions would be great.

Shoot just before dawn. In general the wind's not blowing half an hour before the sun comes up. That'd be my only advice.

3rd one if you don't want motion blur use a faster shutter speed... shouldn't be a problem w/ a sunset silhouette photo

Ya know, I thought that with a sunset I'd get a faster shutter speed but this shot was taken at iso 1600 F22 (guess I could have opened up the aperture more) Was trying to get as much DoF as possible.

I'll practice more on that.

Ya know, I thought that with a sunset I'd get a faster shutter speed but this shot was taken at iso 1600 F22 (guess I could have opened up the aperture more) Was trying to get as much DoF as possible.

I'll practice more on that.

What length lens? Remember that length of the lens effects DoF as much as aperture. An 18mm will give you huge depth of field even at a low f/stop.

I like the last picture the best. I do have a questions because i've tried and failed. How did you take that shot? I maybe using the wrong settings and just curious.

1. Out of focus and too tightly cropped. The lighting isn't ideal either, most likely a little white balance adjustment would help here.

2. The depth of field is way too shallow. Try to get the whole subject in focus if possible. Don't cut half of it off with heavy blur.

3. The blur really is distracting. It almost looks like bad editing vs. motion blur (I do trust that it's motion blur).

4. The most interesting of the set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back