New Pics of the Kids== C&C Please for the new guy

ADay73

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couple of shots taken this afternoon while inside during the 98degree heat here in NC. Thanks in advance. #3 is probably my favorite. Who thought the floor was that dirty. This 40D doesn't allow you to hide anything:lol:

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Nice ideas, however you're suffering some focus and composition issues.

1. Not bad, but overall a little soft. As well, the tip of his right paw sticking out past his muzzle is a little distracting.

2. Nicely painted baseboards; I think there's a dog in the foreground? Always ensure you know where your camera is focusing. In this case it missed the dog entirely and focused on the wall behind.

3. Focus is much better, however a fill light, reflector, or off-camera flash was needed on the dog's right to eliminate the serious under-exposure.

I understand, thanks for the CnC tirediron!

2. Nicely painted baseboards; I think there's a dog in the foreground? Always ensure you know where your camera is focusing. In this case it missed the dog entirely and focused on the wall behind.

3. Focus is much better, however a fill light, reflector, or off-camera flash was needed on the dog's right to eliminate the serious under-exposure.

just curious. you posted two identical pics with different focal planes. mind explaining #2 a bit for us (not putting it down, i'm just interested)? as for #3 i wouldn't want the fill, unless it was for a portrait. the sleeping dog doesn't need a bright face. and i don't think you need all the technology for this particular shot.

I just love the first shot, pet shots are always endearing.

just curious. you posted two identical pics with different focal planes. mind explaining #2 a bit for us (not putting it down, i'm just interested)? as for #3 i wouldn't want the fill, unless it was for a portrait. the sleeping dog doesn't need a bright face. and i don't think you need all the technology for this particular shot.

Number 2 I was just trying to reverse #3 and leave our dog out of focus. The #3 turned out like I wanted, just a natural "Lazy dog on a lazy day"

While I appreciate your playing with the focal planes, to my mind 2 looks like a blooper. A photo gone wrong. There's nothing behind the dog that merits the focus to be THERE.

But Photo 3 looks too dark the way it now is. We still don't see enough of that dirt ... erm: dog. DOG, of course ;) ;) ;) (Just joking here!).

#3 is def. my fav. like said above images seem a little soft and to me dark but that could be my monitor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back