New shots for C&C

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took my wife out shooting tonight. Found a great old chevy truck and a sunset she shot. A little PP used in lightroom but uncropped. Would love suggestions on how to make these better or if they even work.

OldTruck1resized.jpg

OldTruckBWresized.jpg

SunsetinCornfieldresized.jpg

I like the first two. Might be a bit underexposed on the second one, but that could be an individual taste.
Good framing and use of space.
The third doesn't do anything for me, mainly because you see sunrises and sunsets everytime you turn around. For me there has to be a very unique factor to them to get my attention. BUt for what you have I would crop out the majority of the sky.

I like these.

#1, I like how it is composed, but I think the beige road/trail is bothersome. It distracts a bit. Remeber to watch your backgrounds. I think if it were all greenery, which would be darker this shot would be sweet. Maybe a little soft.

#2 Looks alright. The turn signal blends into the wood siding too much, I think. Didi you play with your channels or color levels to turn this to b&w? Any way to lighten that siding? I am leary of you bringing the red up though.

#3 The horizon is crooked? I like this shot too. I think it works well with the centered horizon line, because the brighter grass up front creates another prominent line.

Thanks for taking the time to review my shots. As I have only been shooting for a month, I think they're much better than when I started. I did reduce the exposure ont he first 2, just personal taste. as for the sunset, all we have around here in lanscapes is cornfields....trying to think of some more interesting places to shoot. I will try to edit the first shot to remove the road.

1. I like this, but I do find the road in back to be distracting. My first thought on this was -wow, look at how the chrome still shines in comparison to the paint. :lol:

2. I really like this one. I like the angle better because it shows more of the trucks grill. I think the B&W works well with this.

3. This seems to have a lot of noise in it [might just be my monitor], and there is a bit of lens flare in the foreground grass\corn. At first I thought your horizon line was tilted also, but I believe its an opptical illusion because of the differing tree height...hard to tell. I sympathize about places to take interesting sunsets. I have barns, but then there are lots of wires and poles to deal with, cornfields or lakes with no boats or fishermen. :er:

power lines are in my axis of evil

i think thats the resizing by photobucket. its pretty crisp in the original on my laptop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back