New to HDR

vne5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hae193soz
Hey all,
I'm brand new to photography (only 1 month) without using any "auto" settings. Remarkable how much fun it is when you actually learn how to use a camera! Anyway, I live in Beijing and shot a hallway from an apartment building. Would love some feedback on my HDR.

by vne5 on Photography Forum

Thanks.

Last edited:
Good start. Nice composition. Tell us about the HDR. How many shots & what processing?

Thanks! 7 shots with a GH4 (+3/-3 one stop apart) and Manual mode. I used Photomatix Pro to compile and make slight adjustments. After, imported into Lightroom 5 for shadows and a few other slight adjustments (didn't make any notes on the adjustments just went by my eye). Guess I need to start taking notes.

Thanks for taking to time to have a look. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good for the first one not over done looks like your on the right track

Looks pretty good for the first one not over done looks like your on the right track

Thanks for having a look and the critique.

It took me a long time to achieve some semblance of realism in my HDR renders. This one is just very, very pleasing to look at. I say keep up the good work.

This is the sort of HDR I like. Restraint is a difficult thing, but it's worth learning. You're already doing well.

Thanks you all. I really like the "weird" and "strange" overdone look on some things but I want to learn how to take full control of HDR before I start into the crazy stuff. Once again, I really appreciate the comments.

Looks pretty good to me for the first HDR.

Composition aside, I think this is a good HDR for a first timer. You get the augmented dynamic range, slightly fuzzy/soft feel, but without the "unevenly burnt toast" look most people have when they first start out.

Most reactions

Back