New to serious photography, would like some C&C please!

AG74683

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like the title says, Im new to the whole serious photography scene, beyond standard snapshots.

I feel it will be a good hobby to go along with my backpacking and kayaking hobbies I am already into.

These were shot with a Kodak Easy Share DX6490. My moms camera, pretty old. I will be upgrading to a Nikon D3000 very soon, within the next two weeks.

Some Input would be great! Thanks guys!

100_0191.jpg

100_0175.jpg

100_0173.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0060.jpg

100_0042.jpg

Thanks again guys!

2. This really doesn't work. Not too many viewers will know it's a bucket loader. The reflection in the mirror could have been something interesting, not the cab.
3. Not sure what your showing here. Busy, too much to look at.
4. Not a bad shot but has focus issues
6. Not sure what your showing here but if it's the mantel you cut out half of it. If it's a something specific on the mantel, then it's too busy. It's also too warm
7. Similar to above, you cut out the firebox. Also very warm.

Truth is, is that they just aren't that interesting. They lack composition.

2. This really doesn't work. Not too many viewers will know it's a bucket loader. The reflection in the mirror could have been something interesting, not the cab.
3. Not sure what your showing here. Busy, too much to look at.
4. Not a bad shot but has focus issues
6. Not sure what your showing here but if it's the mantel you cut out half of it. If it's a something specific on the mantel, then it's too busy. It's also too warm
7. Similar to above, you cut out the firebox. Also very warm.

Truth is, is that they just aren't that interesting. They lack composition.

Thanks for the input! I was more looking for C&C on the technical aspects of the photos, but this works too.

for number 4, how could I have improved the focus on this? Am I correct to assume this might be a camera issue?

for number 6 and 7, warm was kinda what I was shooting for, trying to get a "Christmasy" feeling in there. Does this typically not work to convey that feeling? If not, what would I do in order to get that feeling across?

Numbering the images when you put that many up is helpful for others.

More people will respond to a request for C&C if you limit the number to no more than 3 photos.

I'll second the recommendation of exploring the guidelines for pleasing composition. That is what separates snapshots from "serious photography."

I would say the first shot is your best. It is simple whereas the rest, I have trouble figuring out what and where to look. The first is well composed though.

I like the first shot, but would consider cloning out the wire.

On #4, I could be wrong, but it looks like a focus issue, not that it is blurry due to camera shake.

I like the first shot, but would consider cloning out the wire.

On #4, I could be wrong, but it looks like a focus issue, not that it is blurry due to camera shake.

Ive been having AF issues with the Easy share I believe. Ive only used that camera a few times, but I was always under the impression that a proper AF bracketed the focus area in green. I can only get it to bracket in red...so Im not quite sure if its working. Its a built in lens with no manual focus so I cant do much...

KmH, thanks for the input, I'll keep this in mind when I post up more photos.

AfroKen, what do you mean by cloning out the wire? Am I correct to guess that a Photoshop term? Ive never messed with Photoshop myself so I dont really know how to do that :lol:

Its funny because my first shot of that Barn was taken from a moving vehicle.

Just found this one, I'll call it picture...8? I kinda like this one....what do you guys think?

100_0235.jpg

Most reactions

Back