New to shuttle release cables (or wireless) could use a little info

Trbo323

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long story short I am a college student with an upcoming project that may require shuttle speeds beyond the 30" my Sony A-55 is capable of. So I have been looking around for a shutter release, passed by the overpriced sony on/off switch on a cable and was looking into some of the digital ones that offered more than "shutter open / shutter closed" function. Some of the digital ones are looking intriguing that are able to capture a series of photos. I have been looking at the Vello shutterboss in specific

Vello Wireless ShutterBoss Timer Remote RCW-S1 B&H Photo Video

but like all the other ones i have been finding the delay in between shots seems to be capped at a minimum 1 second. I am wondering, are there any out there that are capable of firing faster than 1 per second? I would like to take advantage of my cameras faster speeds if possible

If not, thats fine and I will probably go with the vello unless there are better options out there

thanks for any help

Do you mean that you want to trigger the camera and it take a picture at, for example, 1/40th a second? or do you mean you want the trigger to tell the camera to take a picture every > second?
your trigger will tell the camera to take the picture, but you still have to set the camera for the shutter speed that you want.
The trigger will be able to tell the camera to take a picture every ____ seconds, as quick as 1 per second.
ex: I want 20 pictures of the ducks on a pond seperated by 2 seconds, each exposure 1/60th of a second - I set the camera to 1/60th, I set the trigger to shoot every 2 seconds.
Sorry if I misunderstood the question. Did that help?

Id like to go wireless but have not ruled out a wired one yet. I think it would be nice to place the camera somewhere and be able to walk away while still controlling it.

Im fine setting up the camera for the specific shutter speed I want. But the big thing I am looking for is a release that will tell the camera to fire more than once per second. as of yet I have not found one that will take advantage of the faster FPS that my camera is capable of.

Wired will work better than wireless; I have a wireless, and it is almost impossible to use in daylight... It works pretty good indoor, and in night situations, and it's great to use for self portraits (there is a 2 sec delay option with the WL, which gives you enough time to hide the controller), but for outdoor, I woul dget a cheap knock-off out of flea-bay...

I have a Sony wireless. Instant or 2 seconds delay. I have used it many times in daylight and distant much farther than a wired would be able to reach. I learned to set the camera on flash, so I can see when picture was taken. I assume a wired one would be fine if you don't shoot too far away. Since I don't use wired one, I have no opinion to offer.

if your going wireless get an RF (radio frequency)instead of IR (infrared).No daylight problems,and fuerther range.I bought a Yongnou that works fine from about 60',and it didn't cost much.

Any shutter cable should allow you to leave the shutter open longer then 30" but some you might have to actually time your self if you cant program it. As for more clicks you should be able to find a cable where you could just hold down the button and still utilize continuous shooting.

I just have a basic $5 shutter cord and it can do all this.

Most reactions

Back