New to site and very beginner

kbrown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I am new to the site and beginning a hobby in photography. I have a dslr that I received for Christmas. I am looking for an online course that will help me get acquinted with my camera and/or give me a crash course in photography. I have google searched some and found some that look to good to be true...just wondering if they are legit. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Look at some of the suggestions I made in this post here.

I think Creativelive might work for you if you can be on the computer when the class airs for free. If you aren't there during the live stream, then you have to pay. I'm at work when they host these classes so I can't take advantage of the free stream, but I've heard great reviews of it so far.

Hope this helps

Steve

Manufacturers might have tutorials on their websites about their cameras. As far as online, I can't recommend anything (just recently went to the above website but didn't sit through a tutorial) but I can recommend that you should read a few books. For a general intro to photography I can recommend 2 books - a really old one "Joy of Photograpy" but it is (maybe was) outdated because it was written during the film era and "Fundamentals of Photography" has both DSLR and film SLR info. They are basic but can give you a foundation to start with; but if you live close to a library, I'd start there vs buying a book and not liking it.

Most reactions

Back