New to the forum + pics

TokZik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all
Im new here and looking for some CC.
I decided to get myself a camera for christmas and start a new hobby.. i know its not a great camera but i think its enough for an introductory cam.
its a Pentax x70

PC070023.jpg

myshrimpy.jpg

Deco.jpg

raindrop.jpg

tree.jpg

thanks.
Happy Holidays

i know the focus isnt the best....im still getting use to it.
Any CC would be appreciated :thumbup:

num 3 i like alot. good lighting on num 4. use a quicker shutter speed to freeze the photos to make them shaper. keep it up and keep posting! nice work.

Oooh I like number 3 aswell ^_^ It's so christmassy

Welcome to the hobby :) I'm sure you're going to have lotsa fun! Keep practising... there's only so much the books can teach you.

I'm not really one to CC since I just began photography myself, but heres what I can suggest.

In Number 1 you should crop out the flash at the top left corner, maybe edit the colors a bit so they pop out more(beautiful colors!) Maybe unsharpen mask it a bit, then put a mask over the fish and turn up the vibrance and adjust the reds,blues, ect.

Also, dont forget about the rule of thirds!

I was doing well understanding what you asked me to try until you said.

Also, dont forget about the rule of thirds!

...i just googled it hehe Thank you for the help!!

Last edited:
I have just been having a mess about with a perfume bottle i decided that it was photo worthy hehe... but as hard as i try i simply cant get a picture im happy with.. any ideas ?

Perfume.jpg

does the exposure look right to everyone else ?... i never seem happy with my own pictures
Hehe... back again, messing around this morning taking pictures of the field across from me.

land.jpg

Puppy's are very, very difficult to get a good shot of... if only they had a "sit still" button :lol:
pup.jpg

Last edited:
bumped :lmao:

You're off to a great start!

Exposure on that landscape does not seem right, but its hard to avoid in a single shot without using gradient filters.

The bottom is dark and the sky is really white, blown out on the upper right. There is a high dynamic range in the contrast. Our human eye adjusts to this very quickly, the camera can't. If you were to exposure the bottom better, it would be lighter, and the sky would be even MORE blown out.

This is where HDR pictures can come in handy (take 3+ shots, merge with software) or using a filter that has a gradient on it (the top is darker, the bottom is almost clear).

do you mean overlay the 3+ pics or cut parts from each of the 3+ pics taken at different exposure settings ?

its was probably user error, as just out of frame at the top right was the sun hehe... i should have looked at the picture better as i was taking it.

so far im pretty happy with the results of the cheapy camera i have.

does anyone have any knowlege or opinions on the camera below ?
i do understand its not an amazing camera BUT i didnt wanna spend a fortune on equipment just to find i couldnt take a picture. LoL
this camera cost me 220GBP

LINK HERE !

took this, this morning.
i would have prefered a different focal point ... but i didnt have time as it was melted before i could get off another :(

I dont know what it is about this one but it has a very warm christmasy feel to it

deco2.jpg

Last edited:
now i have come back and looked at it the last one isnt so hot ....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back