New to the Forum

mrjcall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gurushots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been around on some other forums for a few years, but just discovered TPF and decided to jump in and test the water.

I'm sort of a 'semi-professional' in that I occasionally sell a piece of work, but don't rely on the effort for income, just to once in a while offset expenses, eh?

Served in the Navy in the 60s where I learned photography and became a combat photographer stationed off the coast of Viet Nam on a carrier. Exited the Navy and attended RIT where I received a BS degree in Pro-Photo (the good ole film days ya know).

Upon graduation, immediately went into real estate management since I couldn't find the photography job I wanted, sold all my Nikon film gear to finance our first home, and proceeded to not touch a camera for over 40 years!!

Discovered digital photography about 10 years ago and have been re-learning everything since then. Forums can be a valuable tool to expose oneself (pun intended) to new techniques/ideas/gear and I 'almost always' enjoy the discourse.
Jim

Welcome .. or welcome back as I should say.
Sounds like you've had an interesting photography journey over the years.
Look forward to hearing about it and seeing some photos.

Welcome to the forum, amazing how much time one can set down the camera for.

Welcome. Photos, photos, let's see the photos ...

Where to upload em? The 'gallery' or what?
You can start your own gallery, or if you wish to receive C&C, or just talk about them, then use the forums.

The General Gallery forum is for general photography, but if they "fit" better in say; landscape or people, then use those forums.

Welcome to the forum Jim!

Welcome!! Looking forward to seeing your work

Served in the Navy in the 60s

Thank goodness we got another old guy on board. I need all the help I can get what with all these kids around here.

Old guys rule. "The older I get, the better I was!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back