New to the forums, a few random shots

wohhrsy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post here. I recently purchased a D40 and have been having fun learning about the DSLR world and all the things you can do with this camera. I'm still learning a lot and am looking forward to learning more here. There are a bunch of different pictures from a vacation trip to my car. C&C welcome. Once I get better with the camera I'll work on post editing.

On the deck of the USS Bowfin submarine, the sun washed out the right side but, I didn't have much room to move around the side to actually get any better of an angle.
Oahu102-1.jpg

Punchbowl Cemetary
Oahu295.jpg

Flowers along a beach path
Oahu567.jpg

Best seat in the house, I don't like the exposure/colors but I didn't shoot in RAW to adjust it easily. I do think if I had a corona bottle I could have filmed a commercial for them here :lol:
Oahu508-1.jpg

My car
stangsummer09103.jpg

stangsummer09117.jpg

I'm still a beginner, but some things I would suggest is to watch your lighting (some are blown out) and always keep the horizion flat.

#1 - Since you're just starting out and learning about the camera, look into getting yourself a set of ND (neutral density) and GND (graduate neutral density) filters. Try to always be aware of the light and the direction it's coming from. Be aware of the shadows too.

#2 - This shot might work better if you shot it in portrait orientation.

#3 - This shot might work better if you shot it in landscape orientation.

#4 - Try to keep the horizon level or straighten it in PP (post production/processing - photo editing).

#5 - In this pic the wall and ground seem more important than your car. Image is slightly underexposed.

#6 - Ask yourself if this picture really looks good at this extreme angle. To me, it makes no sense.

Next time keep the number of shots to 3 or 4 and number your shots. Nice if you can include the shot information too (camera, lens and focal length used, aperture, shutter speed and ISO).

Most reactions

Back