New to TPF

Dubnasty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, im new and heres a few shots. (Sorry if they are too big)

Im using a kodak easyshare c613, and i have no idea if this is a good camera or not (the quality seems low - 6.2pixels)

These were taken on vacation in Belfast, Ireland at the Giant's Causeway

l_afc15f08f1cfe81acadac1963b80486d.jpg

l_3ef723cd24cf765790837fe3d9019f49.jpg

l_3140e438fe33ff37388da5e91f326e4f.jpg

I think they are just flat pictures. There is no depth to anything. The last one the color looks a little off or something.

i see depth in the second also, but alot of noise. did you do any editing to the third one?

I like the second one the most as well since my eye was lead all the way out to the mountains by the road. I do, however, think that you've included too much of the sky in the shot. Generally speaking, you do not want to cut your shots in half with either land or sky or any other element within the photo. I think the reason I'm finding the second photo more interesting than the first despite its bisection is that the road curves a bit in the second shot adding a bit of interest with more complex lines. To improve on the shot, I'd suggest shooting with the camera held horizontally to include more of the mountainous horizon as an interest point. Also try to incorporate the rule of thirds by aiming the camera so that the road is off to either the left or right. Since the road curves to the left, I'd suggest composing with the road on the right so that it leads the eye into the photograph rather than out of it. Lastly, try to get a different angle on things. Shots taken from eye level are never as interesting as a shot taken from a new perspective.

As for your third shot, I think the problem everyone is referring to is simply overexposure due to harsh light. That would explain why your colors are washed. You may want to go back during magic hours when the sun is lower in the sky. It creates dramatic lights which are easier to photograph more appealingly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back