New toy, renewed love for my X-T20

I was luke warm when I first got the X-T2. It was because of the 18-55 lens. Once I got the 35mm it all changed. I have all primes for my Canon and really don't know what possessed me to get the zoom for the Fuji.

The 18-55 is convenient and super sharp but it’s booooooring. I battle with myself about selling it but it sure comes in handy for times when you can’t zoom with your feet. Just bought a used 14mm and if I like that and pair it with the 35, I may put the 18-55 away for a few months and see if I miss it. For what I shoot, I could probably live without it.

I didn't like the variable aperture on the zoom. My plan is to trade this lens for another used one in a few months. Waiting to see what used ones come into the camera store.

Check out the Facebook group Fuji USA Buy/Swap/Sell for some great deals. Very legit group. I just picked up a 14mm for $415. Might be a good place to list your 18-55 when the time comes.

My dad and I are each in the process of restoring an old small tractor to show. I’m working on a wheel horse that’s the size of a kid’s power wheels car.. it’ll be super fun to cruise around the steam show on when it’s done.
We've got a number of those kicking around our club in various states of dis-repair... really fun little machines. Which one do you have?

To be honest, I haven’t figured out what model it is yet. I’ve only been at it for a few weeks. Maybe I’ll start a thread here about the restore since there is some interest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back