Newbie from NYC

jenny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My name is Jenny and I'm new to this forum... in fact, I'm new to forums in general. My boyfriend recently got me into them and made me realize that it is a nice way to exchange information.

I'm an amateur photographer... I took classes in college- black and white darkroom as well as color dark room. I've been kind of out of loop since having done nothing but work for the last 2 years. I work with video on a daily basis and deal with professional photographers all the time, but I really miss getting my hands on a camera and shooting away. It gets a bit expensive, plus it is time consuming. :?

Anyway, I'm really into toy cameras. I own maybe thirteen cameras- a Diana, a couple of Holgas (one with a polaroid back which my boyfriend got for me from Japan when they were not available in the US yet) a few medium format cameras and two old 35 mm SLRs given to me by my dad. I love them all...

I really want to get back into it. That's basically why I'm here. I was pouring over all my test prints from when I was in school-- it got me all reminiscent. :D

hi jenny!

welcome to the forums!!!!

there are people here with a plethora of tips and suggestions!!!

md

Welcome Jenny but watch out for those plethoras!

It's a little rude to discuss the newbies plethoras.

Welcome Jenny. Now that you've discovered message boards it's downhill from here.

Most reactions

Back