Jose Saenz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.moremojo.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm an illustrator by trade with a degree in Animation. I've always wanted to get into photography (as a serious hobby) and I'm finally going to do it. I'm doing all of my research now and I'm SO glad I found this forum. I've already learned so much just from the couple of hours that I've spent on here so far.

I'm looking into getting the Canon XSI real soon. I'm just waiting for the Fourth of July to see if I catch a good sale. Other than a class I took about 7 years ago, I don't know much at all about photography, except that I love it. As an artist, it's always frustrated me that I'm not able to photograph what I invision simply because I don't know the technical side of it. I've finally made the comitment to truly learn though and so I am VERY excited to begin.

I look forward to talking to as many of you on this board as possible in the coming months. I'm like a sponge right now, letting it all soak in.

Shooting soon,

Jose Saenz

P.S. If you're interested in checking out my illustrations, be sure to check out my blog at www.moremojo.blogspot.com and my portfolio site at www.mojodesign.blog.com

Welcome to the forum from a Floridian to another...

Thanks, guys! Hey MRivera, how are you liking Florida so far? I read on another thread that you just moved down here. I've actually thought about moving out west to Cali for a while now. How have you found the photography learning curve? Are you catching on fast? I've been doing so much research as of late, I feel my head is going to explode...so much to learn. Do you have your pics up somewhere?

-Jose S.

WOW!!!! I just got tremendously blessed by the talent you have in illustration!!!! Amazing work you have there. If you are only a quarter as good at photography as you are in illustration you'll go far. Welcome to the forum!

isn't the internet great? Anyone that wants to start a new hobby can just type in some stuff in a search engine and have a ton of info at their disposal.

Good luck!

Thank you, Chris. That's really nice of you to say. I appreciate it...it's encouraging...especially from you. Your landscapes are amazing :hail: ! I'll be asking you tons of questions in the future, I'm sure.

SG5: You don't know how right you are...it's not only a matter of finding help with learning about the hobby itself. Researching on-line has saved me from making some major financial mistakes. For example, I was looking for the best price for that Canon XSI and was so excited when I found it through Amazon at www.Photodynasty.com for $300 below every other competitor! The price was so good that I got suspicious. I then looked up reviews on Photo Dynasty and found that it was all a scam! It's a horrible bait and switch company that takes advantage of poeple. Thank you internet!

-Jose S.

Welcome to the forum. And I really really like your work.!! Super!!!

Welcome to TPF!

I grew up in the Lake Worth/Boynton Beach area...but now I live in MI :(

Thanks, brileyphotog. Thank you, Sunlioness,...for the nice words. I'm glad you like my work :D

I'm really excited. I get my camera in two weeks and I know it's going to change my life. What's interesting is that I'm more of a homebody. I know that with this camera though, I"m going to want to go everywhere.

What's a big motivational incentive for me to learn quickly too, is the fact that I'm going on my honeymoon in November on a Mediterranean cruise (Barcelona, Rome, Marseilles, Naples, Florence, and Nice) and then to the Bahamas as well. So I'm going to try and learn quickly to be able to document my honeymoon as beautifully as I know it's going to be. I plan on making the next few months into sort of an intense photography retreat, submerging myself into the art as much as I possibly can.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm really enjoying reading through all the posts. This place is awesome...very informative...and everyone is so willing to help one another.

-Jose S.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back