Newbie...please help!!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by shooke, May 9, 2009.

1. shooke

shooke TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Please help and leave some feedback...I am completely new at this and this is my first camera.....no classes no photoshop...nothing!!! I truly love this and want to learn everything I can about Photography!!! Please leave some C&C....MUCH NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Summer:mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Love me some birds!!!

[​IMG]

Beautiful Disaster!

[​IMG]

Beach day........

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #2 is your best one - it's nice. You want to ratchet down that blue a tad, though...it's too much.

#1 is a fat baby knee. It does nothing for me. It's in focus, though, so that's a plus, but the composition is uninteresting. Also, the skin is a bit ruddy. I'd desaturate your reds.

The little girl would be better if her eyes were a little sharper and a little brighter - the photo can be brightened easily.

The last one is ok. I think see what you are trying to do. I'm not sure the bird is sharp enough to offset the rest of the photo being blurred, but OTOH, it does look a bit like a painting. Your blue, again, is far too saturated for a normal photo, but it helps give this particular one a slightly abstract look, which helps it. I think it would be more effective if the bird was closer to the camera or at least a bit more central to the image.

Keep shooting - these are a good start.

3. shooke

shooke TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    THANK YOU!!!! I NEED THE FEEDBACK!!! YOU ARE AWESOME;)!!! ANYTHING WILL HELP!!!

SUMMER~

4. SpaceNut

SpaceNut TPF Noob!

I am not very good at critiquing someone else's work, but I admire you for being open and asking. Welcome to TPF and keep shooting & posting. You'll learn just like I am, and it's fun. Good luck!

5. hadoq

hadoq TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    same as wrote before, can't see the point in this one

[​IMG]

Maybe technically the best of all your shots, but I don't like it, I think it's a little off balance between the wood and the water. Also, where are the bird's feet ?

[​IMG]

now this is my favorite, very bright yet not burnt

[​IMG]

this one is *almost* awesome, it lacks abit of composition but I guess it's not the easiest photo to "build". that being said, I would have cropped it somehow to get more focus on the bird.

[​IMG]

6. Crazydad

Crazydad No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF!

These are some nice photos, especially coming straight out of the camera. The opinions expressed below should be taken with a grain of salt, I am by no means a pro. :)

#3 is my favorite, but I would probably take the brightness down just a bit in Photoshop (or whatever program you have).

Like hadoq said, #4 is so close to awesome, but it is hard to get wildlife to co-operate.

I like the colors in #2, I don't think the blue is too much and it would be nice to see the whole bird. As mentioned above, #1 really doesn't work for me.

Looks like you have a great start (better than me)