Newbie with photo editing ?

Gmomma16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I am new to this forum and was wondering if any of you could help me with saving my photos...
I am currently using Lightroom to edit my photos but I'm not sure how to save the images so they are good resolution but able to be printed at any size. Ex: My friend wants to print some at 5x7 others at 8x10 and a few at 11x13. Is there a way to save them so I don't have to format each photo to a certain size?
TIA

As long as the desired print sizes are in the same aspect ratio (ratio of one side to another), crop the picture to the desired aspect ratio (4x5 it looks like) and then just give him output files (in sRGB color profile) large enough to print the largest one and the printer software will do the reduction for the others.
To figure the largest size needed, multiply the length of the side by 250 and that will give you the number of pixels in the long side needed for export. So if he was printing

For example 11 x 14 would need an output file 3500 x 2750 to give a reasonable result.

Thank you so much! So for resolution is 300-330 ok?

Sure.
As long as the aspect ratio is correct, then the printer software will manage any reduction reasonable well.

Just be certain you understand aspect ratio.
Typically most dlsrs put out fimage files with a 2:3 aspect ratio and these print perfectly on 4x6 pages, so the original image needs to be cropped.
If your friend tries to print 4 x 6 images on a file with the images in 4x5 ratio, the prints will be distorted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back