Next step

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok!Now that ive had my cam for about 2 and1/2 weeks,Shot everything in sight,got my lens filthy,Learned how to clean it correctly,cleaned it,Got my sensor filthy,learned how to clean it correctly and am about to clean it.Where should I go from here?I am going to register with the open university for a level one course in photography to try and better my photograpjy skills,Is there any way I can learn to have a better eye for photography?Plus can any one tell me the settings for shooting sunrises/sets?Thanks.

Taking the course should help you develop your eye but in the meantime you might want to check out some books at a library and just keep doing what you're doing now and that's shooting pics. Just try to put some thought behind it and figure out what exactly you're shooting and why it would make a good pic. If you're completely new check out different rules of composition. Once you understand those you should notice your pics improving.

As for sunsets a graduated neutral density filter will help you get better sunset shots. Cokin makes them and they're relatively cheap however there are ways to get the same affect in Photoshop if you blend two pics of the same scene (one properly exposing the foreground, one exposuring the sky) but you need to be DEAD still to get that affect so the filter might be easier. Plus at $20/filter... they're relatively cheap.

What kind of camera do you have?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back