Night Bridge Shot

Very nice shot. I like the composition. That is the Northampton Street Bridge by the way. The only thing about the picture that catches my eye is that the green part on the underside of the bridge that is closest to you is not lit up. I know that the light was obviously burnt out on that section and there is not much you could do about it. But as an idea for next time, or for any other pictures, take a flashlight and see if you can "paint" that part of the bridge. Since it is such a long exposure, you or a friend can run a light over that part of the bridge while the camera is taking the picture so that it is lit up like the rest of the bridge. I've done it before on similar pictures and it works pretty good. It may take a few tries to get it right, and you may not be able to get perfect results, but its fun to do anyways. But overall very nice shot!

Thanks and thanks, I didn't notice that first off, definitely something to try, maybe just bring one of those million candlewatt spotlights or something and light it up, thanks for the tip

Very nice shot. I like the composition. That is the Northampton Street Bridge by the way. The only thing about the picture that catches my eye is that the green part on the underside of the bridge that is closest to you is not lit up. I know that the light was obviously burnt out on that section and there is not much you could do about it. But as an idea for next time, or for any other pictures, take a flashlight and see if you can "paint" that part of the bridge. Since it is such a long exposure, you or a friend can run a light over that part of the bridge while the camera is taking the picture so that it is lit up like the rest of the bridge. I've done it before on similar pictures and it works pretty good. It may take a few tries to get it right, and you may not be able to get perfect results, but its fun to do anyways. But overall very nice shot!

or just zoom in or crop that part off :)

True, you can always zoom in or crop. But I honestly think that doing so will mess up the composition of the photo and I don't think it will look nearly as good. Thats why I hadn't suggested that.

cool shot will start doing the bridges along the liffy in dublin at nighttime soon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back