iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So just for practice i took a quick portrait of my mom with the new lens i got

so here it is, let me know what yah think

4333144687_7bca5588ed.jpg

I like the composition, but your subject is out of focus.
I have the same type of lens and it's sometimes difficult to get a good focus when shoot wide open or close to in low light conditions.

Light advances, dark receeds. I think the subject is diminished because of the bright curtain. This weakens the composition a great deal.

yeah i didnt have my glasses with me at the time so i did the best i could with focusing, and ill take that into consideration next time i take portraits, to have a balance between light and dark, thanks bitter, anything else?

I'm not particularly fond of the composition, and like mentioned, it is really soft.

iBats said:
couldn't find em :(

lol..Kind of a catch 22 eh with people that wear glasses. How are you supposed to find them if you can't see them! Don't tell my wife I said that. ;) But I agree with what everyone says. I get immediately drawn to the curtains and she kind of blends into the background. Try again with your glasses :thumbup:

iBats said:
couldn't find em :(

lol..Kind of a catch 22 eh with people that wear glasses. How are you supposed to find them if you can't see them! Don't tell my wife I said that. ;) But I agree with what everyone says. I get immediately drawn to the curtains and she kind of blends into the background. Try again with your glasses :thumbup:

if i had a d90 it wouldnt be a problem
built in auto focus motor

The 50mm f/1.8D doesn't have an AF motor, but it still collects the AF info (Distance) and sends it to the camera CPU and AF module. When manual focus is achieved it turns on the focus indicator in the viewfinder.

The camera can even be set to beep when focus is achieved, so a blind person could manually focus with that lens.

Good photography is all about paying close attention to the details, like reading your camera and lens users manuals so you know how they work.

The 50mm f/1.8D doesn't have an AF motor, but it still collects the AF info (Distance) and sends it to the camera CPU and AF module. When manual focus is achieved it turns on the focus indicator in the viewfinder.

The camera can even be set to beep when focus is achieved, so a blind person could manually focus with that lens.

Good photography is all about paying close attention to the details, like reading your camera and lens users manuals so you know how they work.

the D3000 doesnt have a built in AF motor....

The 50mm f/1.8D doesn't have an AF motor, but it still collects the AF info (Distance) and sends it to the camera CPU and AF module.

Yes, I know that!

Pay attention to the details!!!!!!

When manual focus is achieved it turns on the focus indicator in the viewfinder. D40/D40x/D60/D3000/D5000

Read your camera users manual. I believe it's on the white disk.

The 50mm f/1.8D doesn't have an AF motor, but it still collects the AF info (Distance) and sends it to the camera CPU and AF module.

Yes, I know that!

Pay attention to the details!!!!!!

When manual focus is achieved it turns on the focus indicator in the viewfinder. D40/D40x/D60/D3000/D5000

Read your camera users manual. I believe it's on the white disk.

i do not have a manual or a disk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back