Nikon D40 with remote?

jerry 1 a b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WooHoo!! I just won bidding on a Nikon D40 kit with a few extras. Now, I want to get a remote. Does anyone here use a remote with theirs?

I was looking at one on a wire the appears to be velcroed to the camera body right in front of the sensor. That would work well when I'm shooting on my motorcycle, but does anyone have any other solutions for a remote that doesn't have to be pointed at the sensor? Is it even possible since it's infra red?

Well, the only remote I know that works with the D40, the ML-L3, works pretty well when not pointing directly at the sensor. In fact, I often stand right behind the camera and the remote works fine, but when obstructed by the lens it doesn't work. Maybe if your using the 50mm or something (a very short lens), you'll have a better shot of getting the camera to click.

If you can afford the $15 for the remote, it works VERY well.

Awesome! I was looking at that one too. The situation that I plan on using the remote for will have the remote less than a foot away, but from the left if you're looking at the camera from the back. There won't be any obstruction, so I'll give it a shot.

Most reactions

Back