Nikon D50 - Max Recommended Memory is 512K

Rob2006 said:
Update: We called Nikon again last night. They stated the reason they dont support anything over 512M is they have not certified/tested anything bigger.

That's odd, since the manual states otherwise, see previous post.

Mine works fine with a 1GB and a 2GB card. No issues.

LWW

I just read the manual and they state they have tested 14 different cards of up to 1MB capacity. It states no theoretical limit on the card size that can be used.

My 1MB and 2MB cards have worked perfectly.

LWW

Most of those machines at the drug store make you read a disclaimer notice and click that you agree to it before printing pictures. So, I doubt you would get anywhere with the store.

It sounds like the store's card reader wasn't comptaible with your card, rather than the D50. If they didn't have anything on their disclaimer about a maximum capacity card you may have a leg to stand on, but proving it was them is going to be difficult.

Is it an Ultra II or III? Don't they have lifetime guarantees or something?

I had the same problem with my new SanDisk Ultra II 1GB card!! I registered it through SanDisk and got a replacement under warranty. I have not used the new one yet, but my soon-to-be brothernlaw is a computer programmer, he tried fixing it with no luck. We researched the web for other people who have had the same problem with this card and there were PAGES and PAGES of people complaining about it.

My card messed up right in my camera. I went to delete some photos and bam, it did that to me, right at Disney. Luckily I had my other cards in my bag with me, but I lost some good stuff..about 80 pictures or so!

On another note: I also have regular SanDisk 1GB cards that work like a charm - I have been using for a long time now. It is just the Ultra II that I had the problem with. <Crossing fingers that the new card doesn't mess up on me>

i'm sorry but...WHAT?

i've been running 2gb cards in my d50 for about 2 years now

shot in raw a few times and never had an issue, i don't like raw all that much just because it takes too long to process on the cam

i'm thinking the mem card is just corrupt, doesn't happen often but i have seen it before

Most reactions

Back