Nikon D50 question

paranoidandroid13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know if it is possible to expose a file twice to create a dual image in-camera? I want to experiment using a technique like this. I know this achievable in something like photoshop and other post processing programs, but I wanted to know if this could be done in-camera... Any feedback would be appriciated.

Check the shooting menu. The D200 and a "Multiple Exposure" option. If not the only thing it actually does as far as I can tell is take two images and do a mathematical "add" of the two layers. Which interestingly enough (although there are plenty of other methods) does not exist in photoshop.

I use a D50 and I've read the manual a couple times and I'm pretty sure such a function doesn't exist on it.

Just do it PS.

EDIT: You could try metering scene one and scene two, shooting with the camera on bulb, put the lens cap on after exposure, go to next scene, and expose it. Of course the double exposure would have to be of two things very close to each other.

ok. thanks for the input. i was just interested in whether or not such a capability existed in the digital world, and if so, if my camera was capable. but it is interesting that the d200 does have such a feature

... but it is interesting that the d200 does have such a feature

It is interesitng, but it comes out more looking like ghosts than an actual double exposure. PS is the best way, as far as I have seen in the past.

1518495957_6662c86b4e.jpg

It is interesitng, but it comes out more looking like ghosts than an actual double exposure. PS is the best way, as far as I have seen in the past.

That depends entirely on how it is done. Like I said PS lacks a mathematical ADD function in it's layer options. This would be the sensible way to achieve this effect if you think of exactly what happens when you expose film. It is interesting to note that PS does have the opposite of an add function (the difference layer blending mode is a mathematical Subtract).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back