Nikon D50 -- shutter sticking

pyropenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had my D50 for close to two years now, and recently I've been running into a problem. I attended a car show recently where I took about 600 pictures in maybe 3 hours, and every hundred pictures or so, my shutter would stick open. It would stay that way until I press the button to take the picture again. That was last week, and today I took another 500 or so pictures at a race and it was doing the same thing.

Is this something that can be fixed by having the camera cleaned up professionally, or should I start looking at a new body? Right now it doesn't matter much to me, but if I start shooting real events where that one lost picture can make a difference, I'm not going to be happy.

Kyle

From what I've read, you should have your camera cleaned by a professional, or clean it yourself if you're familiar, about once a year. Good hygiene isn't just for your person :)

How many shots has your camera taken?
I'm gonna guess around 25,000.

From what I've read, you should have your camera cleaned by a professional, or clean it yourself if you're familiar, about once a year. Good hygiene isn't just for your person :)
This is probably my problem. In the whole time I've had it, I've never cleaned it. I feel so ashamed!

yea get that thing cleaned man! the d50 is an "entry-level" dslr, but it's still a GREAT camera. take care of it and it'll take care of you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back