Nikon D5000

Payton Tremain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a nikon D5000 and I have the kit lens and the 50mm and an old telephoto but I wanna increase my collection of glass but dont really know what would be the best ones to get.

What are your guys thoughts?

Thanks!

Since you didnt give us what is your financial limitation its hard to know but I would recommend you to get 2 lens for starters

Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G
Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC

These are very sharp lenses and very fast which will be very important with such an old camera like you have.
To that you can add Nikon 85mm 1.8G for portrait
And if you like to go wide then Nikon 14-24mm 2.8G is amazing.

When I had my d5100 the lens I would always go to for anything remotely portrait or telephoto was the 70-300 vr, it took noticeably better photos than either my kit lens or my 35 1.8, I never got on with the 35 as it never seemed to take better photos than my kit lens, even when you would think that faster glass would be essential (indoors without flash for example). Eventually after reading about the advanced focus features of the higher models I realised that my 35 had severe back focusing issues which I was not able to fix in camera. I suspect that this lens would likely have been my favourite had this not been the case as now that I have my d810 the nifty fifty stays on 70% of the time, it's a great focal length

The Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens is a pretty decent consumer grade (low cost) lens.
It is not a great lens.

It's greatness is flawed by being prone to purple fringing and lateral chromatic aberration.
Used wide open focus is a bit soft and the lens loses contrast.
The optical quality issues are mitigated to a degree if you stop the lens down 2 stops or more from wide open.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back