Nikon D5100 Time Delay - Multiple Shot Question

JasonB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Can anyone tell me about the "time interval" between shots when using time delay and selecting multiple shots. For example if I choose a ten second delay (which would allow time for me to get in front of the camera) and select 4 shots to be taken what would be the time interval between the shots.

Hope this makes sense......... Thanks for your help....

Bump .......... Hopefully someone can tell me the time interval between shots ..... (In my example I selected to take 4 photos.... what is the time interval between each of the four shots)......... Thanks...

I am not sure if the d5100 can do that. Definitely not on the the d3100 which I own. But I know it can be done on a T2i at 4 fps and probably a T3i. It may be a Nikon limitation. Any d5100 owners out there who can verify this?

I think you would need an involometer, spelling got jacked up on that, to make it work on the d5000. Of course not sure what kind of settings those would have. I would suggest the infrared wireless shutter release and then you can just click from in front of the camera when you are ready.

Sent from my iPhone.

Thanks for your replies .......

I don't think I did a very good job describing the "time interval." I found this link which says the time interval (after selecting the self timer delay) for "multiple shots" is three seconds. Note: You can take up to 9 shots using this method.

Nikon D5100 Camera Menus - Full Review

This can be found in the Custom Setting Menu C Options. I will experiment. I would appreciate any other thoughts. Thanks again.

I think you would need an involometer, spelling got jacked up on that, to make it work on the d5000. Of course not sure what kind of settings those would have. I would suggest the infrared wireless shutter release and then you can just click from in front of the camera when you are ready.

Sent from my iPhone.

Intervalometer? :p And yes, I agree that it would help you out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back