Nikon D700 released

This move makes sense. The 5D didn't really have any competitors. I just hope Canon can make something that can tear this to shreds :)

I am renting a Canon 1Ds Mk III this weekend, but I canNOT wait for the 5D replacement. This Nikon has what I always liked about the 5D - full-frame sensor in a (relatively) small body.

yep. I like that the D3/D700 can go to 25,600 ISO. If the newer Canon has decent results (comparable to 40D at 3200 which is usable for my situations) at at least 12,800 ISO, then I'll certainly go for one.

I hope so too because the current 5D is looking like a 2000 model Holden. A beast in it's day but not something anyone would want to try and brag about now. Actually I should go back to photocontinental and rub the D700 in the face of the guy who claimed that Nikon was financially and intellectually incapable of a) producing their own sensor, and b) making it full frame. LOL Nikon is on top today, the cycle continues. Wonder what will get released tomorrow :)

/EDIT: As a matter of interest I wonder if anyone will honestly consider a D3 now...

all i know is that i'm going to try with all my power to get my grubby little hands on one of them D700's, gotta start savin'!

A very good move from Nikon, now I'm waiting for Canon's 5Dish answer.

The ball is in your court now Canon. This D700 seems so close to the D3 now though. I would've given it 5fps max even with the battery grip to not encroach on the D3.

The D3 will probably still have it's market.

PJs and sports shooters might consider the twin CF configuration to be worth the extra money by it's self.

Now on to the D3X. By Christmas or late next winter?

The D3 will probably still have it's market.

PJs and sports shooters might consider the twin CF configuration to be worth the extra money by it's self.

Now on to the D3X. By Christmas or late next winter?

This Christmas would be a quick upgrade. What features do people still need that the D3 doesn't provide?

Nikon moving to CF? :)

Competition between manufacturers is good for consumers.

Now where is that 5DmkII? CANON?

This Christmas would be a quick upgrade. What features do people still need that the D3 doesn't provide?

Nikon has historically come out with a fast pro body for journalists and then one that has higher resolution for the other pros.

It's not really an upgrade but a different model on the same chassis if you will.

Most reactions

Back