Nikon d7100 vs Nikon d600

Thats only a difference of $1000 from what the OP wanted...but who's counting. $1700 more than the 7100. Doesn't seem practical, or helpful.

I just want him to do not blame himself if he buy the elementary equipment like d7000 etc.
Belive me D800E +the monster 24-70mm f/2.8 the ultimate couple.
And its caost 5000$ cam+lens

I read a review of the D7100 the other day that said the buffer fills in about a second when shooting high fps in raw. If shooting jpeg it goes to 100. If one ever needed a reason to not shoot raw that is it. The same review said noise was more apparent than the competition@ iso400. This was only one review but if it is thought the 400 will soon be announced it may be worth it to wait a while

I read a review of the D7100 the other day that said the buffer fills in about a second when shooting high fps in raw. If shooting jpeg it goes to 100. If one ever needed a reason to not shoot raw that is it. The same review said noise was more apparent than the competition@ iso400. This was only one review but if it is thought the 400 will soon be announced it may be worth it to wait a while

They might have been using a slow card, I've found that on my D7000 it makes no odds if you're shooting in raw or JPG, the buffer fills just the same and the frame rate drops just when the spec says it will. With a fast card the limiting step is the number of images that can be processed by the camera, if it's a slower card then the write speed could be what limits it.

Thats only a difference of $1000 from what the OP wanted...but who's counting. $1700 more than the 7100. Doesn't seem practical, or helpful.

I just want him to do not blame himself if he buy the elementary equipment like d7000 etc.
Belive me D800E +the monster 24-70mm f/2.8 the ultimate couple.
And its caost 5000$ cam+lens

It'd be nice but that's not much help if it's beyond budget, you're not likely to blame yourself for being prudent and not putting yourself in the red. Sure the D7000 and D7100 are not even close to the D800E but they're still perfectly good cameras.

........Remember D800 E +af-s 24-70mm f/2.8 thats the perfect couple

Poor advice IMHO. That combo may be best for you, but is a bad choice for many others.

They might have been using a slow card, I've found that on my D7000 it makes no odds if you're shooting in raw or JPG, the buffer fills just the same and the frame rate drops just when the spec says it will. With a fast card the limiting step is the number of images that can be processed by the camera, if it's a slower card then the write speed could be what limits it.
Raw having more info than jpeg normally fills camera buffers faster. Your experience is unusual I think

Raw having more info than jpeg normally fills camera buffers faster. Your experience is unusual I think

Ahh, I understood that the buffer was effectively a processing limitation rather than just a block of memory, thanks for putting me right.

It is odd, I can only speak for my camera but it's certainly the case with that. Seven frames at maximum speed and that's it, no matter what you're shooting in. I don't find it a problem, up till now I've never required it to do than more than 3 or 4 in a burst anyway. I'll look into it though.

Poor advice IMHO. That combo may be best for you, but is a bad choice for many others.

I know be cause of the zoom are not long .
But it's the Choice for pro

That's a bit simplistic, how can one camera and lens be the 'choice for pro'?

...or do you mean the choice to look like a pro?

That's a bit simplistic, how can one camera and lens be the 'choice for pro'?

...or do you mean the choice to look like a pro?

Listen ... .purchase a AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 and test it then you will discover why it's for pro ......besides ...the pro lenses are 12-24 mm f/2.8 ,24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 .If you have them all you are the winner ....belive me.
And the lens af-s 24-70mm f/2.8 is the ultimate ...i said ultimate sharpness zoom ever.

Last edited:
No for D7100 D7000 D5200 D5000 D3100 or like ....(the junk)

Last edited:
Thom Hogan wrote a commentary on this very choice--D7100 vs D600,on April 23,2013. Thom Hogan's Nikon Camera, DSLR, Lens, Flash, and Book site

After another three weeks or so, this will be off the front page, and moved into the archived stories slot. WELL worth reading if one is interested in learning some of the major differences between these two fine cameras.

[/QUOTE]
.If you have them all you are the winner ....belive me.
.[/QUOTE]

Winner of what? I am not following. What will I win?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back