Nikon D810 announced

I Hope in 2 years we are not talking about the d820... :)
Why wouldnt we ?
D900? a real new model?

normally Nikon does a full new model every 4 years with a refresher in between (i.e. D3->D3s->D4->D4s)

the D800 is a new line so it remains to be seen if it'll be a refresher or a new model in the same line in a couple years. but it'll be something regardless of what the naming moniker might be. I believe the next D8xx line model will probably be the one I upgrade to. I really like the d810's improvements, but I don't see it as a major increase over my already fantastic 800e, at least not enough to warrant a change.

Why wouldnt we ?
D900? a real new model?

normally Nikon does a full new model every 4 years with a refresher in between (i.e. D3->D3s->D4->D4s)

the D800 is a new line so it remains to be seen if it'll be a refresher or a new model in the same line in a couple years. but it'll be something regardless of what the naming moniker might be. I believe the next D8xx line model will probably be the one I upgrade to. I really like the d810's improvements, but I don't see it as a major increase over my already fantastic 800e, at least not enough to warrant a change.
The pros i Know wont make the change...

T4 cameras, phoned me today to tell me my cameras in, that's the good news. The bad news is, I was in terminal 5 Heathrow, waiting to fly out to the USA! Damn, it'll have to wait in the shop for me.....

My D810 is being delivered this Monday 7/21

Let's wait for full reviews of the D810 this or next week.
They will much probably start to pop up now.

Buffer test!!
Pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
7 frames per second in DX mode? Cool... that will work....

And that's already more than D700's 12mp! Very nice!

Ok you know what, now this is perhaps the D700 replacement + MORE!

The great thing about the D700 is the overall performance. It's an all-rounded camera, not extreme in any sense, but does very well in everything. Now that the D810 has improved its FPS at DX( not sure if this is already around in the D800), and that you can take RAW in S resolution, making it easier for people who aren't crazy about 36mp, plus all the new video, much better sensor, dynamic range, processor etc. Damn I've changed my mind! Now just need to wait one more year for the price to drop into the $2k range and may be I will suddenly betray my D700.

I have a d700 with about 156k shutter count. Yes it has been quite heavily used. I have a D810 on the way. SRaw looks good on paper but Thom Hogan doesn't seem to think so. I was sold on the ISO 32 and the no OLPF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adobe Lightroom 5.6 released with Nikon D810 support | Nikon Rumors

Adobe released Lightroom 5.6 with support for the Nikon D810 camera, 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 and Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N lenses.
→ Adobe Lightroom 5.6 download links: Win | Mac.
Adobe Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 were also released.
→ Adobe DNG Converter 8.6 download links: Win | Mac.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Adobe Lightroom 5.6 released with Nikon D810 support | Nikon Rumors

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back