nikon f55/flash

Silkfire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

I'm new here and checked the archives but didn't really find an answer...hope I can get some help :)

I got a Nikon F55 recently, but lost the manual. Does anyone have the instructions or info on how to get a replacement?

Still very much a newbie - now some flash questions:

how do you set flash time, and how long should it be set? I haven't any experience in using flash at all.

Also is it advisable to use flash in black and white photography? Worried about 'red' eye in particular (if it shows up?).

Lastly, do you need a filter under artificial light? (guess not though)

For the manual, you will need to register your serial number on the Nikon site

link

Flash time? The little onboard pop-up flash is auto everything with some modes like anti-redeye. RTM I would think!

Flash works in B&W photography and you may get grey-eye if light bounces off the retina of your subject. Generally it's much less noticable than colour.

I wouldn't recommend flash with B&W for people, as there are some fabulous really low-light films like Kodak T-Max 3200 which will shoot virtually in the dark.

shot on T-Max 3200 in the dark with no tripod

No.

G'Luck

Rob

To find a copy of the instruction booklet you can try calling Nikon at 800-645-6687. I got them to photocopy a book for me because it was out of print. I also got one for a N90s which was only $9.

You can also try this link http://www.craigcamera.com/ib_nikon.htm. If scoll half way down the page look for the book for the N55. Its the same camera.

K

Most reactions

Back