austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey all,

So I bought a d300 recently (love it!!!). This is what the d300 says when i click on firmware version:
A: 1.01
B: 1.00

so i was wondering does nikon release firmware updates for their camera's? I have been looking on their site but cant find much on it. I found something on the Nikon UK but im not sure if i should put that on mine. I know sometimes you dont want to upgrade the firmware and so does anyone know of the latest nikon firmware update for the d300? Where can i find it ? should i do it?

heres a link from UK: Answer

heres a link from dp: is this the latest?
Nikon D300 firmware update: Digital Photography Review

oh nice! thats the link i was looking for..

now does anyone have any second opinions on the firmware update?

I have only used my d300 for a few days but i hate to think that if i update it that for some reason something wont work or will be taken away (although i suppose generally updates are for the better..)

i suppose i just want to be sure before i do it because i think it is permanent

like for example i am looking at it and here are some things that stick out..

-like instead of the old "my menu" it is replaced with "recent settings." i think i would rather be able to put anything in a menu i want.
+however it does have a copyright logo in the comments box
+iso sensitivity is changed to incorporate more shutter speeds, although i dont really use auto iso
+focusing has been improved! wow after reading that i might just have to upgrade
+auto WB improved. thats it, im pretty much sold unless i find signifigant negatives

Last edited:
There is rarely a negative to the firmware upgrades for cameras. It takes a lot of effort for companies to prepare them and they usually only do if it's worthwhile (such as add/improve function of the camera)

Also verbatim it says: "Recent settings can now be displayed in the place of My Menu"
As someone who spends a large part of the day reading stupid leagliese the word "can" implies it's optional.

And Oh cool there's a D200 update that fixes an issue I had with my camera :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back